Porotherm facilitates smarter, faster construction and earlier completion. Consequently the client benefits from the building being ready sooner whilst the builder sees a quicker financial return and is able to complete more projects in a given period.
Porotherm wall costs are roughly equal to traditional blockwork, but with significantly faster build potential.
Due to the speed of construction, storey height in a day capability is possible and with 95% less in built water, significant programme benefits can arise.
Wall Speed and Cost Indicator
The indicator compares construction speeds and indicative costs for concrete blockwork and core range Porotherm blockwork.
U Value Indicator
The U value indicator allows you to imput your desired wall U value, select insualants and finishes, and will recommend the required Porotherm block thickness.
• Typically 20-30% MARSS recycled content
• Reduced energy consumption in manufacture
• Innumerable interconnected pores and web pattern aid thermal performance
• Breathable structure allows diffusion of water vapour
• Ground to +/-�mm tolerance on block heights aids fast construction
• Sharp edges removed during grinding process
• Interlocking vertical joints, no mortar required
• Typical compressive strength 10N/mm2
• Intrinsically fire resistant
• Good acoustic resistance
• Life expectancy >150 years
• Green Guide rating applied for. A+ expected
Timber specialist James Donaldson & Sons Ltd is delighted to be welcoming a sixt...
Although the Code for Sustainable Homes comes into force this year, products man...
The mechanical ventilation with heat recovery system (MVHR) from Total Home Envi...
Electric and Solar powered roof windows are ideal for out-of-reach situations an...
These windows are designed to be used in rooms where the bottom handle can be ea...
Home automation used to be a concept limited to the premium end of the market. I...